Monday, February 21, 2011

A visitor from Aardman Animation.

Today was a pretty interesting day. An animator from Aardman came down from Bristol to chat with us about the industry and take a look at our films. He spent a nice bit of time going over the animatic as well as quite a good lecture about his own career, ( an alumni from my own uni ).

He said my animation was beautiful. I don't think anyone has ever said that about my work. I don't think I've ever made anything beautiful, but I do give it a go. I'm still learning from everything.  He had a lot of really interesting and helpful input for the film.  Here's a line test of some rough animation in progress.


rough animation from rory animates on Vimeo.

I'm still workin on it, I dont like the last few drawings, so I'll get around to fixing them before I do clean up.

I think it's amazing that anyone would ever like anything I ever made. Someone from Aardman liked my stuff? I think I could ride this high for years, like Tom Waits when he didn't kill that guy with the plumbing snake whilst he worked at the pizza shop ( listen to Tom Waits : Story Tellers " I can't wait to get off work" here  at 7 minutes into the video to get the full impact of just how hilarious and alternative I really am. ) ...Other wise, uhm,  I'm working damn hard and damn fast to get this film made. Oh by the way I'm going to need a job soon, after I graduate. Preferably in the animation industry. So, who want's me? I work for peanuts. Then, cashews, then Brazil nuts. I'm considering offers.  I just like to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment